So long, and thanks for all the fish… *Sigh*
According to the official Twitter, the website version of Unlight will be closed soon (Well, I am not even surprised). The following are the main points of the official announcement, translated into English. Please read the followings carefully:
- The mobile version of Unlight is unaffected by the closing of the website version.
- For Facebook (Chinese) version:
24th August, 2017 (THU) – Termination of selling Cash Shop items
7th September, 2017 (THU) – Closing of the game server
6th September, 2017 (WED) – Termination of selling Cash Shop items and weekly maintenance
18th October, 2017 (WED) – Closing of the game server
15th November, 2017 (WED) – Termination of game-related E-mail support
- No refund request will be accepted on the purchased Cash Shop Item.
The official is still seeking all the possibilities to reopen the game. If you would like to retain your game progress when this ever happens (no promise, and I guess the chance is very slim), you need to login to your game account(s) before the closing of the server, and mark down the name of your Avatar and the name of your first Deck (which can be edited if you click on it). You may also screenshot all your cards and items, for reasons.
- Thank you so much for all your support in these 7 years.
To be fair, Unlight is a Flash game, and the use of Flash will be terminated by 2020, so the game would be ended by then anyway.
I shall finish all the remaining stories – Somehow I feel I’m designated to do this.
According to the official Twitter of the game, Unlight: SchizoChronicle will be
released on 24th July 2017. That is, tomorrow! will be released later (with no definite date at the time of writing). Typical Techway.
In the meantime, you may want to take a look at this wonderful art project for Salgado’s birthday (his birthday is on 23rd), or this art project featuring the Engineers! Don’t forget there’s an ongoing event in the game!
*Sorry for the recent lack of updates, I have caught a cold 😛
So… Today is the day when they started the closed beta test of the mobile game! I hope they’re doing well. I didn’t sign up for the test tho.
Here is a sample video of the game:
Judging from the pictures posted on the official Twitter, miya did redraw all the characters!
- Wow Rebirth Maximus is gonna be released this week! His name was first seen here.
- I’m gonna re-translate Marguerite’s R5 story (not yet completed), then Krönig’s story, and that’ll complete the “Supernaut Arc” of the main story line. Next will be some short side stories as promised, and we’ll move to the “Battle of Lubiona Arc”.
1. The result for the Popularity Vote 2016 has been announced. Check it out here!
2. The Christmas event will start in this week (for JP servers).
3. A Korean company is raising fund for the reactivation of the Korean server of the game. Spread the word to your Korean friends! LINK
4. Missed the official live show? Watch it now!
– The character designs of N1 Sprout and N1 Walken was discussed. (see the Trivia section of the Wikia)
– A sample screenshot of the mobile version of Unlight was shown. It’s expected that PvP with 4 players will be a feature.